Old 19-05-2004, 05:02 AM
Cereus-validus

Default Garden Emergency

So you are getting off on this thread, Betsy Wetsy?

Good for you. Glad we could entertain you, biatch.

Considering recent encounters with misbehaving children and their parents
who make no effort to control them, one would think that a few wouldn't be
missed by them or others who are forced to tolerate the obnoxious little
brats.

Sorry to hear about your permanent brain damage from lead poisoning. Maybe
now you will learn paint chips are not candy. Maybe not.

You obviously can't grasp the fact that everything we take into our bodies
is chemicals.

"Betsy" -0 wrote in message
This is a fascinating exchange.

I think it is possible that some people simply DON'T KNOW (no excuse for
them) that children are extremely sensitive to chemicals, and it can

damage
them for life and/or kill them.

For example: how often do you hear about lead poisoning in adults? But

we
probably are all, of all ages, sensitive to lead. Children, however, can

be
permanently damaged by it.

So, the OP (and others) is so stupid they don't realize this. Let those

of
us who are good with facts offer them citations where they can educate
themselves about these dangers. I can't help on that score--I never
remember where I learned things!

I suspect a troll here. But it is interesting to note that others think

it
OK for kids to handle chemicals. Woe unto them.

"Callen Molenda" wrote in message
SueNYC wrote:

"Wellsie" wrote in message
et...
Our 11 year old was trying to help, and accidentally sprayed many of

our
plants with ivy killer (she thought it was bug spray).

Is there any way to save these plants?

PLEASE HELP! Thanks!

The hell with your plants..what is the matter with you?? You are one
incredibly irresponsible parent to leave such poisons in reach of your

kids!
I'd be more worried about whether my kid got any exposure than the

damn
plants! Your priorities are seriously screwed up!

Oh for cripes' sakes, get over yourself. You have absolutely NO idea
what the circumstances of this situation are beyond the fact that an 11
year old accidentally sprayed plants with ivy killer. Our kids have
been working in our gardens, WITH SUPERVISION, for years. They have, on
occasion, been allowed to spray weeds with herbicide. They are
extremely responsible and have respect for what they are doing and I
trust them.

I also let my kids work with the horses on their own. I suppose in your
world I am irresponsible and a terrible parent to do so. But I prefer
to teach them well and trust their instincts - so far I've managed to
raise three children past the 11 year old mark without killing any of
them.