Old 19-05-2004, 07:04 AM
Salty Thumb

Default Garden Emergency

"Wellsie" wrote in
et:

Our 11 year old was trying to help, and accidentally sprayed many of
our plants with ivy killer (she thought it was bug spray).

Is there any way to save these plants?

PLEASE HELP! Thanks!

I'll have to join the w(h)itch hunter posse ...

What is 11 yo, around 5th grade? Hopefully she can read, although she
may have just have been overzealous for wanting to help, lied about
mistaking for bug spray, the pretty picture of ivy on the bottle and
assumed it was for spraying on plants (which it is).

This is why all herbicides should have kid friendly warnings like "Elmo
says bad water make plants go poo-poo!" But that might just encourage
them. How about a cartoon plant with a death skull lying prone in a
cesspool of blood? Or you could just keep the stuff away until your kid
understands how to use the product properly?

Prepare your kids for a lifetime of not reading the useless instructions
on product labels which may have included such verbiage as "It is a
violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent
with its labeling."

-- Felonious Jail-Bird "it's not a crime unless you get caught and/or
are underage" Thumb