Old 19-05-2004, 08:06 AM
Diane Epps

Default Kilmarnock Willow

"DAVID BIRKETT" wrote in
message s.com...
Hello - I'm a neophyte gardener and forum user, so this whole thing is
fraught with possibilities for error.

I've read a few posts on Kilmarnock Willows which seem to imply that,
once serious trouble develops, there is too much going against a potted
tree for it to be worthwhile to defend. We've had a lovely specimen,
which has given us great pleasure, and I'd like to save it!

We had some trouble with yellow leaves last season, which righted
itself, and it produces 'pussies' regularly. Over the past few days,
however, it's developed a nasty, almost luminous reddish discolouration
on the leaves. We repotted it into a much larger pot a couple of
months ago.

Any suggestions?

Yours - David Birkett
--