Old 19-05-2004, 10:04 AM
gregpresley

Default Crape myrtle size for barrel

It might also be possible to bonsai a crape myrtle - but you'd need to keep
it in a pot and root prune it every year as you prune the top. Maybe an
experienced bonsai person could chime in here?
"Harri85274" wrote in message
I have this 15 year old crape myrtle that has been blooming year after

year.
Its height goes up to 20'. Last year I moved it into the center of the

yard,
and it took the move very well. I noticed that where I had it moved from,

it
left me about 7 little 'babies'. some larger than others. i know they are
sprouts or suckers I think some people call them of the parent. I removed

them
and planted them into various size pots. I would like to curtail one of

them to
about 5'. Could this be done with a variety that can go as high as 20'?