Old 19-05-2004, 01:08 PM
Kay Easton

Default I like the bottom posting format: was FAQ's....

In article , gary davis
writes
Top posting does have some interesting advantages... especially if you
read all the posts on a regular basis.

Depends how many posts you read! I need a prompt to remind me what the
topic was about, and I find scrolling down to look at the previous
message than back up to look at the response just too tedious.

The latest post is right there and
you don't have to scroll through all the stuff you have already read.

You don't with bottom postng. The idea is that you post each bit of your
answer directly below the point you're replying to, and you snip
everything else.

The ideal is that you have one screenful of new stuff interspersed with
just a couple of lines of old stuff here and there, just enough to let
people know what the question is.

And as for those people who repost an entire 4 screenfuls just to add at
the end 'that was so good I've reposted it in full" !!!!!
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: