Old 19-05-2004, 01:09 PM
Kay Easton

Default Wild Plants

In article . 150,
Victoria Clare writes
Kay Easton wrote in news:n6KYO
:

I should have said earlier that you need to decide on what sort of
meadow - you could go for short cropped turf, and that will mean you go
for all sorts of low growing plants that can cope with this. My father's
lawn, which was entirely unintentional, had daisies, red and white
clover, self heal, birds foot trefoil.

I'm really enjoying the speedwells this year. Seems to be a particularly
good one for them, and I neither planted a seed nor took a cutting!

Yes, I transplanted a germander speedwell from my dad's garden and now
have lots - it looks really good with its masses of deep blue flowers
around one of our ponds

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: