Old 19-05-2004, 03:05 PM

Default Plant question

shoot. I got a scientific break down somewhere, but basically it is soil that when
you wet it and squeeze a bunch in your hand it makes a lump, but when you poke it
falls apart.
clay sticks together doesnt fall apart
organic stuff floats on the surface of water
sand doesnt stick together when wet wont make a nice lump.
"Loam
(n.) A kind of soil; an earthy mixture of clay and sand, with organic matter to which
its fertility is chiefly due.
Definition: Loam is a friable soil possessing a mixture of clay, sand and humus that
is ideal for growing plants. "

with loam you fill the container (no holes) with loam. sit it covered in water and
it goes to this wonderful muck and cupping my hand around the roots push the roots
down into the muck and then pull the tuber up so it is at the surface. then I push
fert tabs in and top with stones., Ingrid

"Pond Diver" wrote:
what is loam? What would be the best mixture?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.