Old 19-05-2004, 05:11 PM
Giancarlo Podio

Default Snails cause illiness?

I think it's safe to say that snails can carry diseases just like any
other animal. Therefore when adding snails, if you really want to be
anal aboutit, you should quarantene them just like you do with fish.
As far as I am aware they don't present any bigger threat than adding
new fish would.

Hope that helps
Giancarlo Podio

Kay wrote in message news:Ibqqc.21300$qA.2416111@attbi_s51...
I have been posting and reading in the goldfish news group about snails.
and it seems as if some posters feel that snails are danggerious to
their goldfish. Basically buying plants and the snails on the plants
having diseases. what my question here is, how many people here have had
a fish get sick or die due to a snail?

Kay