Old 19-05-2004, 06:02 PM
RLK

Default Dwarf conifers suggestions?

I am interested in building up the border gardens on my property. There are
huge seasonal "gaps" in the landscape. I have narrow tracts approximately 15
feet long, no more than 5 feet deep surrounding the house on all sides.

Can someone recommend *specific* dwarf conifers? I have the east garden
started but would appreciate any suggestions. To complement a blue cottage
house.

east:
one 10year old thuja orientalis "nana"
one newly planted 10" juniperus squamata "blue star" (it only took me 10
years to add a second conifer!)
japanese maples (red)
a burning bush

south:
mugo pinus
purple iris
rose campion
(i'm thinking a gold conical in this spot that is part sun/shade)

north:
english roses
rose of sharon "standard"
(maybe some upright and globe dwarfs?)