Old 19-05-2004, 08:02 PM
George Orwell

Default Growing Tomatoes

It is too late to start from seed, buy plants from a local nursery.
Choose disease resistant varieties where possible. Tomatoes and
cucumbers vary greatly in size of the fruit and size of the plant. Give
them as much direct sunlight as possible. You should prepare the soil by
loosening it to at least one foot deep, preferably two. Work in some
compost and slow release fertilizer. You can probably find better
directions on soil preparation if you do a google search.

Charles wrote:

I am interested in growing the best tomatoes, cucumbers and hot peppers.

Can someone please give me recommendations as to variety and methods?

I have no idea where to begin. I never planted anything before.

I live in PA near Philly. Is it to late to begin with seeds?

Where can I get quality seeds or plants?

Thanks!!