Old 19-05-2004, 08:10 PM
David Rance

Default Hornets

On Tue, 18 May 2004, Tim Challenger wrote:

They may be in the EU protected species lists, I don't know if they all
apply to the UK though. They certainly are protected in Germany, Austria
and I'm pretty sure Switzerland. In Germany there is a fine of up to ten
thousand Euros.

I've never heard of this. Can you give me a reference for this?

There's a quote he
http://www.vespa-crabro.de/downloads/hornissen.pdf
I paraphrase, but you'll have to look up the exact text in the German
Statute books. A copy can be found he
http://www.bna-ev.de/bna_inhalt/gese...tzgesetz_d.htm

Thanks for those references, Tim. Very interesting!

| Internet: | writing from |
| Fidonet: David Rance 2:252/110 | Caversham, |
| BBS:
telnet://mesnil.demon.co.uk | Reading, UK |