Old 19-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default dying fish-need help please

"ray hucek" wrote in message
news
Ingrid,
Thanks for the advice. I will get on the water change tonight. I didn't
realize how toxic they were. This year has seen the most toad mating in
that pond. It is just upsetting that I didn't realize the damage sooner.

I added in more aeration earlier this evening. I will look to beef it up.
snip

Just be aware if you do not treat the new water for chloramine/chlorine, you
may just make the problem worse!

I don't buy that the toad load is toxifying your pond. Your test numbers
don't seem to indicate a spike of any sort. It doesn't hurt to do what
changes, as long as you dechlor, and if you are having spikes the dechlor
will help.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com