Old 19-05-2004, 10:10 PM
Charles Spitzer

Default Lead weights for plants

references? i work in the stained glass industry. it's pretty commonly known
that almost all lead is ingested or inhaled. osha doesn't require gloves
when working with lead, although they do require, in certain cases,
respirators.

in actuality, the only reference to skin in the osha regulation is because
of possible skin irritation and not absorption.

http://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owad...RDS&p_id=10030

"Sir Douglas Cook" wrote in message
. ..
Sorry, but it is a fact that lead is absorbed through unbroken skin.
In the same manner as a patch for smoking.

Although, I don't have a wimis data sheet on me.

--
Sir Douglas Cook

http://www.greyspace.bravehostNOSPAM.com/
Remove "NOSPAM" for correct address
London Ontario Canada
Aquarium Maintenance Man for Hire

"Charles Spitzer" wrote in message
lead is absorbed via breathing or ingestion. it isn't absorbed through

the
skin unless you have a break in the skin.

"Sir Douglas Cook" wrote in

message
. ..
That is true, some added information on lead.
Some Stain Glass workers use gloves as
the lead can be absorbed through the skin.

--
Sir Douglas Cook

http://www.greyspace.bravehostNOSPAM.com/
Remove "NOSPAM" for correct address
London Ontario Canada
Aquarium Maintenance Man for Hire

"Dinky" wrote in message
k.net...

"Crusader" wrote in message
| Isn`t the lead a poison?

This topic has been gone through pretty heavily here, and the
concensus generally reached is that it doesn't break down in
freshwater at a high enough rate to cause a problem. But Red should
avoid eating the lead during his project.g