Old 19-05-2004, 10:14 PM
Mariann

Default slug control

"Jane Ransom" wrote in message
In article , Mariann
writes

I have a wander in the garden every evening with a bucket ... put all the
snails ans slugs I find in the bucket carefully and take them to the

nearby
field ...so far none has made it back ..as far as I know ...

Some years ago someone on this group tried an experiment. He painted the
shells of snails a conspicuous colour and then chucked them as far over
his hedge as he could hurl them. They were back in the garden in a
couple of days!!!!!!

I suspect you are right and they come back ..there couldn't possibly be
that many every night otherwise ... I don't really mind too much as long as
they leave my nice plants and eat only the weed ...sigh...