Old 20-05-2004, 12:13 AM
RoyDMercer

Default Soding the lawn

wrote in message
I just did my lawn over using sod. I laid down 6 inches of top soil and a
bit of fertilizer before finishing with the sod. I finished this 5 days

ago
and now I am starting to see dry spots all over. Mostly concentrated where
ends meet. Should I be concerned or just wait it out while doing the usual
watering, etc?

Any suggestions?

Keep watering daily until the roots are well established. If it's really
hot already where you live you may even want to consider watering twice per
day. Sod doesn't have enough soil to support itself and needs lots of water
until the roots are established. The batch you got may have not been
freshly cut and didn't show signs of stress until after it was laid.