Old 20-05-2004, 02:03 AM
GoldLexus

Default Dogs vs Pond

Thanks! They are our biggest 'gold'fish
I couldn't tell you how many gph. We inherited the pond when we bought the
house. What I do know is the pond is about 1000 gallons and the pump pushes
the water up a 14 ft incline to the top. We are looking into getting a new
pump the current one is an energy hog, tripling our electric bill. We can
only afford to run it for a few months than we shut it down in the winter in
favor of heating the house.

"Bob H" wrote in message
Great dogs & waterfall....I LOVE the shear drop, how many gph is the pump?

"GoldLexus" wrote in message
Can't say that we have that problem with our dogs with the pond. We have
golden retrievers (who are known to chew and dig) they never have done

that
with the pond. They LOVE being in the pond and up in the Waterfall. Here

is
a link of one golden enjoying the waterfall.
http://public.fotki.com/Nikkiekoala/our_garden/
Who knows how your dog will react to it full and running the trick will

be
how to keep the dog out! Fortunately, we haven't had to try to keep our

dogs
out not sure what we would do if they were distructive in any way.
Good luck.