Old 20-05-2004, 03:04 AM
Chuck

Default acer platanoides and Rootenone; sunburst locust and blue spruce

"Archimedes Plutonium" wrote in message

Chuck wrote:

YOU REFRESHED MY MEMORY. I'm not suffering from ALZHEIMERS. THE

SPECIFIC
auxin is Indole-3-Acetic Acid but I-3-B acid woirks the same way. They

are
natural extracts but can easily be synthesized. I-3-B acid is easier.

Next
time try removing most of the leaves before transplanting. It works

better.

Chuck

I remove about 50% of the leaves on a stem for a "cutting". I am guessing

that
the leaves signal the bottom of the stem "hey, throw out some roots so

that I
can remain alive."

With fresh cuttings of flowers I've clipped off up to 70% of the foliage and
successfully rooted all of my cuttings.

Another problem is that I accidently have aphids in those cuttings.

Perhaps the
aphids may not kill the cuttings. Seems as though the honeylocust had some

on
and I just was not careful enough. Maybe I should scout around and

introduce
some ladybugs.

There are some soaps that are extremely toxic to aphids. Try one of them
too.

Chuck

Archimedes Plutonium
www.archimedesplutonium.com