Old 20-05-2004, 08:08 AM
Anne Hedden

Default Need some easy hydroponic advice

Thanks very much for your book suggestion, though it HAS to be styrofoam
(It's central for what I'm doing).

"Gregory Toomey" wrote in message
Anne Hedden wrote:

Looking for any plants that are small, light, under 2 inches at full
height
that can be grown hydroponically in styrofoam. Smaller the better!

Not trading plants, just looking for any and all suggestions. I myself

am
a complete hydroponic rookie, so don't hesitate to post anything that
would otherwise be obvious for a real gardening.

Thank you,
Prince Thrash

I suggest
- read "Hydroponics for Everyone" by Sutherlnd, available at most local
libraries
http://www.thegrowstore.com/hydroevery.shtml
- use "rockwool" instead of styrofoam. Rockwool is available at all
hydroponic stores and most large nurseries. Its a bit like fibreglass, is
light, cheap, and slirps up water.
- if you are using seeds,soak your seeds in water for 24 hours, then on

top
of moist rock wool
- i have had no trouble growing small lettuce, asian vegetables(from
seedlings), coriander (from seed) using this method.
- in winter you may need a sheltered position with a northerly aspect. I
have had no trouble growing coriander from seed indoors near a window.
- I use a small amount of "miracle grow" in the water

gtoomey