Old 20-05-2004, 11:11 AM
Chris

Default McCulloch Strimmer Line

"Frank P" wrote in message
s.com...
: [Note crossposted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening]
:
: I have an old 28cc McCulloch Strimmer (without brushcutter attachment)
: and I'm getting really tired of having to replace the line, and the
: 'bump feed' has never worked since day one so I'm forever having to
: stop to feed out more line from the spool.
:
: So, what's to stop me (other than for safety reasons) from replacing
: the plastic line with say, stout steel wire?
:
: Pros & Cons?
:

Nothing AFAICS, when I worked for.... when I was employed by the council,
all our strimmers were adapted/fitted with steel cable, line trimmer part
removed of course.