Old 20-05-2004, 01:08 PM
Kay Easton

Default Pruning parsley?

In article , Paul
D.Smith writes
All,

My wife has successfully (maybe too successfully!) grown some parsley.

'Where the parsley grows the fastest
the master is the mistress'

It's
now about 2 feet high and growing. My understanding is that we should pinch
out all flowers, but should we prune it?

Parsley is a biennial - grows the first year, flowers the second. Once
it is flowering it gets very woody and is in effect useless. You can
prolong it's life a bit by cutting flowering stems as they appear, but
its a losing battle.

Best to re-sow every year, so you always have young first year growth,
with the second year plants to tide you over winter and spring.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: