Old 20-05-2004, 01:10 PM
Paul D.Smith

Default Pruning parsley?

Thanks Nick,

One further question, since only the leaves are used, is there a way to
ensure a compact, bushy plant, albeit one that seeds and dies? I had always
expected herbs to be somewhat low lying wheras this seems to be making a bid
to be architectural!

Paul DS.

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"Paul D.Smith" writes:

| My wife has successfully (maybe too successfully!) grown some parsley.

It's
| now about 2 feet high and growing. My understanding is that we should

pinch
| out all flowers, but should we prune it?
|
| To me it seems to be getting tall and woody, but what do I know about

herbs!

Forget it. It is a biennial, and will flower, seed and die. She
needs to plant some more. If she plants some every year, then
she should always have some for use, except in the depths of
winter. In theory - some of us are not good at growing it ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.