Old 20-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Frogleg

Default Pruning parsley?

On Thu, 20 May 2004 12:27:55 +0100, "Paul D.Smith"
wrote:

One further question, since only the leaves are used, is there a way to
ensure a compact, bushy plant, albeit one that seeds and dies? I had always
expected herbs to be somewhat low lying wheras this seems to be making a bid
to be architectural!

Parsley is an herb, not a landscape plant. :-) The stems can be used
as flavoring in soups & stews. You can't "prune" a plant without
branches.

The flower stalks are indeed a good deal taller than 1st year leaves.
That's just the way the plant grows. Mine is "in bud" now, and I'm
looking forward to a fresh supply of seed.