Old 20-05-2004, 04:15 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Seed, or insect egg?

The message
from Amynthas contains these words:

(Ref. another plaice: Where have you got to these days?)

Lots of places, mainly up in the Dales (and underneath them).
But very little time to read newsgroups.

Stalking them TAAAW! BTW, what's the other large earthworm genus wot
isn't Lumbricus?

Study of earthworms unforgets me of when we had to make slides of the
contents of the earthworm's vesicula seminalis, and my slide showed
every stage of monocystis. (Sp?)It was so thick with them that it almost
resembled a bit of Paisley Pattern cloff.

(IMO) The prettiest girl in the class, who was sitting at the bench on
the other side of the way down the middle, was complaining that her
slide was devoid of the parasites, so I lent her my slide.

Our teechur and I harboured a mutual antipathy, and this was well-known
in the class. She stopped at Lavinia's microscope, peered in, moved the
slide about and went into eulogies about it.

Giving credit where it was due, Lavinia told her whose it was. "Oh!" Was
all Miss W said, as she stalked off. Class laughed about it for days.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/