Old 20-05-2004, 08:05 PM
Eric Hunt

Default Coelogyne lawrenceana

Dave,

We grow ours at OrchidMania in fine bark mix (6 parts fine bark, 1 part
small perlite, 1 part small charcoal) in a basket in our warm house and it
doubled in size this year and produced 5 double-flowered inflorescences.

The inflorescences take almost 6 months to mature and open once you first
see the little inflorescence peeking up from inside the new growth. The
immature inflorescence is VERY prone to rotting if even the tiniest bit of
water stays inside the cup of the new growth.

It's an easy plant to grow if you don't rot the inflorescences and it's a
heavenly sight to see and smell when in bloom. Good luck!

-Eric in SF
www.orchids.org
www.orchidphotos.org

"Dave" wrote in message
.. .
I just purchased a Coelogyne lawrenceana, it is warm growing and I live in
Florida. I would like to know what medium to plant it in. Please help

me.