Old 20-05-2004, 10:06 PM
Nedra

Default Dogs vs Pond

Hi Lisa,
I really enjoyed my visit with you guys, especially
Monty, friends and all! What a Happy family ...
Pretty kitty cat ... and the pond... Oh Yes! The Pond!!

Nedra

"Steve and Lisa" wrote in message
We too have a Golden. The old pond we had was much too small for him to be
interested in. The new one however is big enough that on a hot day and

he's
been chasing his tennis ball he....well he tried to step in. Hubby had to
actually go pick him up and lift him out as he had his front feet in on

the
shelf and when I shouted at him he froze, didn't know how to back out. I

ran
to the garage and immediately put out his kiddie pool. (So as long as the
kiddie pool is out, full of clean water....he's happy.)
http://www.britsintheus.com/marriedn...aypool.jpg.JPG

Lisa
Monty the Golden
http://www.britsintheus.com/marriednhappy/monty.htm
"GoldLexus" wrote in message
Can't say that we have that problem with our dogs with the pond. We have
golden retrievers (who are known to chew and dig) they never have done

that
with the pond. They LOVE being in the pond and up in the Waterfall. Here

is
a link of one golden enjoying the waterfall.
http://public.fotki.com/Nikkiekoala/our_garden/
Who knows how your dog will react to it full and running the trick will

be
how to keep the dog out! Fortunately, we haven't had to try to keep our

dogs
out not sure what we would do if they were distructive in any way.
Good luck.