Old 21-05-2004, 12:05 AM
www.ttdown.com

Default Mimmosa Tree

These trees are also known as a Silk Tree by the way but we do't see
any around here for me to start some for my yard.

Jrwolf
On 20 May 2004 20:15:10 GMT, (Skirmishd) wrote:

I am searching for seeds by this Mimmosa Tree. Used to have one at my
last home and dearly love to grow more of them at my new home. Can
someone send me or tell me where I could get some help looking or
getting this seed.

Jrwolf

http://www.invasive.org/eastern/species/3004.html

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

I think I have one of these in my backyard. I didn't know what kind of tree

this was but after looking in The Garden Primer by Barbara Damrosch it seemed
to be the one. My neighbor called it something else, and she seems to know
more about what grows over here than I do.
The pods that this tree puts out are a problem. One year of the drought we
have here they even ended up in the neighbors yards and were just a pain to
rake away. Last year there were not so many. I wouldn't have planted that
tree myself, but we're stuck with it for now and it is pretty.