Old 21-05-2004, 02:10 AM
Alan

Default mold spores on vinyl siding

ok thanks - now I see I have a lot of cleaning to do

al
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Alan" wrote:
I have many dark brown raised bumps, very tiny on the lower 6 - 7 ft of
vinyl siding that is near mulched beds. I have learned that these are
mold spores coming from fungus in the mulch. They are very difficult
to remove - I ended up using lots of elbow grease plus steel wool plus
various cleaners to get some of it off - but it is not an effective
approach. It is too much effort.

Anyone have an idea of how to remove these? I was told that applying
fungicide to the beds might reduce the number. I used cedar mulch the
last time but have used pine bark in the past.

alan

It sounds like shotgun fungus. Here's more about it:

http://www.google.com/search?q=shotgun%20fungus

---