Old 21-05-2004, 02:13 AM
Franz Heymann

Default I like the bottom posting format: was FAQ's....

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Franz Heymann
writes

"Bob" wrote in message

You may not mind which way it is done, but I'm sure you would

prefer
it to
be consistant - either all top or all bottom - otherwise

everything
gets
messed up.

Since the convention in this newsgroup is to bottom post,

Not quite. The convention is in-line posting, with each response
placed immediately below the remark being responded to.

I think that's what I and many other refer to as bottom posting! Not
'bottom of the whole post' but 'bottom of the bit you're responding

to'.
Illogical terminology maybe, but it's what people who say they

bottom
post do in practice.

If that's what bottom posting means, I have been a bottom poster all
my life without knowing it.
{:-)

Franz