Old 21-05-2004, 03:03 AM
Rich McKinney

Default Kitchen waste compost and rodents/rats

I used to live just east of you in Warren. My neighbor saw a field mouse in
the yard, and was concerned for his 2-year old daughter. He demanded that I
get rid of my compost bin and put out poison for the mice. I told him that:
1 - I'm an organic gardener and would not put poison in my yard.
2 - His 2-year old will never catch a healthy mouse, but COULD catch one
that was sick from rat poison.
3 - If you ever find a suburban neighborhood that DOES NOT have mice,
call the EPA. It belongs on the Super Fund List.

He didn't take it well, and called the city on me. The city inspector
checked out my compost bin and gave it a clean bill of health.

Rich McKinney
Reply to
Designed to fool the spam robots
Humans will figure it out