Old 21-05-2004, 03:05 AM
RichToyBox

Default Shareholders Spawn

The eggs are hard to seee unless you really look for them. An easier way to
tell is the pond will be covered with white foam, and there will be a
decidedly different aroma downwind of the pond. Watch for ammonia, those
eggs are very high protein food. The ammonia in my system goes down
quickly, but the nitrites stay high for a week or two.
--
RichToyBox
"BenignVanilla" wrote in message

"Bonnie" wrote in message
BenignVanilla wrote:
My Koi are still looking a bit wide in the butt, so I don't think they

have
spawned yet, but we noticed yesterday...hundreds of fry. We're not

sure
if
it's the minnows, the Koi, the Goldies or some mix of the

aforementioned
group. We'll just have to wait and see. Still no frog or toad eggs.

BV.

My koi spawned last week. I thought yours would have
spawned earlier.

They've definately been acting like it. Chasing the girls around.

Splashing
about. But I never saw any eggs.