Old 21-05-2004, 06:02 AM
Amy D

Default Garden planting question

MisNomer wrote:

I don't think its the cross pollination that would affect them, its that they
are both not "roots", ie, you might be better off planting the zucchini with
onions , or the cucumber with radishes. YMMV

wondering what a zuccumber would taste like or how big you could get a cucumber.
My zuchinis are always over a foot long.

take care
Liz

Hmm...both not roots? My grandma ALWAYS taught me to mix carrot and
radish seeds and plant. The radishes would come out first and it would
naturally thin the carrots. But maybe there was no "cross-taste"
because they ripened at different times.

amy

Hey! Look what "Anna" wrote :

I am new to gardening and would like to know if I can plant zucchini and
cucumbers in the same raised bed. The bed is about 15 feet long.
I am also planting musk melons. I have several raised beds that are about 2
feet apart.
I have heard that planting these things close will cause cross pollination
and affect the taste of the produce.
Thanks
Anna