Old 21-05-2004, 09:04 AM
blank

Default which nitrate test kit is the best??

"ET69" wrote in message

And that is the crux of the matter: What precision do you actually
need.

"Which nitrate test kit is the best??" can be explained as: "What test
is the most precise?", but it could also mean: "What test gives me
enough precision for my needs for the least amount of cost?"

I use the Tetra/eSHa 5-in-1 test-strips as those give me a general
idea of the Nitrate-levels in my freshwater tanks. It allows me to
distinguish between 0, 10, 25, 50, 100 and over. For most of my tanks
anything under 50ppm is just fine.

The right answer depends on your requirements.

Well said ET69--your answer is spot on. Horses for courses, as they say.