Old 21-05-2004, 10:10 AM
Jeannie

Default Pruning parsley?

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 May 2004 09:02:08 +0100, "Paul D.Smith"
wrote:

As I see it, you have two choices.
Either keep using it but cut off the tall stems which will produce
flowers and then seed.

I am new to gardening so please excuse me if this is a stupid question,
but....I have a large Parsley plant growing in a pot in my kitchen. A long
stem has suddenly appeared which has different leaves to the others and I am
assuming that this is the flower stem. Am I right in thinking that if I cut
off the long stem before the plant flowers, the plant will keep on growing
rather than flowering and dying? If this is the case, how long would the
plant last after I cut off the flower stem (indefinitely? 1 year?)

Jeannie