Old 21-05-2004, 12:03 PM
k conover

Default new plantings-- cloudy water

Hi, I recently cleaned up my water lilies from last year and "sunk" them
into the pond in a pot with aquatic soil and now they've grown up to the
surface nicely. I also purchased a pot from Home Depot filled with aquatic
plants. My question is this: both pots have the heavy, dark, clay-like
aquatic soil, and I'm wondering if they are preventing my water from being
clear, as it was just starting to clear after a spring clean I did. I
bought some NEW aquatic soil the other day that I notice is a completely
different consistency, like kitty litter. Do you think I should replace
the soil in the two pots with the kitty litter type to get clearer water, or
are there those of you having no problems with plants in the pond with the
heavier type soil...?
Thanks, Kirsten