Old 21-05-2004, 02:08 PM
Kay Easton

Default Pruning parsley?

In article , Paul
D.Smith writes
As an example, I monitor mailing lists where a posting may be a 10th level
response (yes, really). I can assure you that trying to sift through
interleaved "" and all the other variants of "mark my response",
together with various better or worse repaginations (i.e. line breaks in
weird and wonderful places) soon makes you realise why business uses
top-posting.

As someone who uses email for both business and pleasure, I find top
posting for business immensely tedious. When it's a long email (as most
of mine are) I have to add extra text to my reply to indicate which of
the various points I am addressing. And no-one ever removes any of the
early emails in the chain, so if I need a hard copy and unthinkingly
just hit 'print', I get about 20 pages of print out.

But it's the convention, so I go along with it.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: