Old 21-05-2004, 05:06 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Default please identify this plant -- Virginia weed? an annual?

On 5/21/04 11:24 AM, in article
, "Serpica"
wrote:

I'm in Norfolk VA.
I intended there to be only tomatoes in this planter.
But now I have this.
The blue ruler shown is 6 inches long, to give you a scale.

http://home.att.net/~slither/Dcp16304.jpg

What on earth is it? I have spent an hour surfing for weed identifier
websites and they show nothing like it. Is this a weed? Is this an
annual? I planted pansies and marigolds and other common annuals in
nearby planters and this stuff is popping up in all of them.

Help! Thanks very much.

Lee

I can't think of the Latin, but I know it as Ladies Thumbs - its a weed, a
pretty weed, but a week.
Pull it out and throw it on the compost heap.

Cheryl