Old 21-05-2004, 05:08 PM
Tim Downie

Default Pond pump speed control

Gale Pearce wrote:
You can restrict the outflow side of the pump, but not the intake or
you will burn out your pump prematurely - I use a "ball valve" to
reduce the waterflow on my submersible pump on the line to my filter
Gale :~)

I've already got a restrictor and T-piece on the pump outlet so I can
control the output at present. Somehow it doesn't feel "right" to reduce
the flow this way. I can't help feeling that it's putting extra load on the
pump. As I have a reasonably hefty lamp dimmer kicking around, I was just
wondering if using a device like this would be more mechanically
"sympathetic" IYKWIM. (Probably complete nonsense I know).

Tim

--
Remove the obvious to reply by email.