Old 21-05-2004, 06:06 PM
The Watcher

Default Help, Rabbits!!!!

On Fri, 21 May 2004 10:55:05 -0400, dps wrote:

Rabbits will not harm your yard.

They will, however, harm your small trees if you plant some. They have eaten
some small peach trees I planted, some small dogwoods, some small walnuts, and a
few others. It's really irritating after I went to all the work of digging the
holes to plant the trees.

They are unlikely to harm your kids.
They like broadleaf plants, so they could potentially harm your garden.
They place their burrow in a protected area such as under a large shrub
or on the edge of a wooded area. I generally place a fence between such
an area and my garden. Since the rabbits can easily jump a fairly tall
fence, I provide something outside the fence to satisfy them. I use
clover in the lawn. It benefits the lawn and keeps the rabbits out of
the crops.

They can squeeze through fairly small holes in fences too. I've had several
squeeze through the holes in my backyard fence and end up running into the dog.
Unfortunately(for the rabbits) it takes them a while to squeeze back through the
holes when trying to get out again. :/