Old 21-05-2004, 06:09 PM
Rez

Default need to prune tomato plant?

In article fc.003d094101c629923b9aca0095ac54f9.1c62998@pmug. org, (Glenna Rose) wrote:
writes:

We had some a couple years ago that stayed short and bushy... would
fit fine in such a cage -- my tenant used one, why I don't know. The
cage was redundant cuz the plant was so stiff it could take a 60mph
wind without flinching.

Sounds like a determinate, maybe a Roma type?

Didn't look like a Roma -- had smallish round fruit (mostly tucked
"inside", you had to know to look to see them, tho there were lots),
good flavour raw, almost none when cooked; rather high proportion of
"tomato snot".

Determinates don't keep
growing and growing; they are a specific height

Ah, that's good to know. Specific height is better for me, since right
now I only have specific places to put them

~REZ~