Old 21-05-2004, 08:03 PM
Bill Spohn

Default Help, Rabbits!!!!

A professional gardner I know, now retired, was trained in Britain and ended up
managing a 1000 acre park in BC.

He was pretty matter of fact about some things and one day while giving a tour
to some garden fans a rabbit poked its head out from under a bush.

Without interupting the flow of his talk, he took the shovel in his hand,
dispatched the rabbit with one blow, used the shovel to dig a small hole,
toppled the carcass into it and covered it up.

I think he was amazed that some of the women at the back were swooning at what
he took to be as routine a thing as swatting a mosquito..

I guess you could ask an Australian if rabbits should be dealt with this way
;-)