Old 21-05-2004, 09:11 PM
Juggs

Default lily beetles - what eats them ? And summer bulbs.

On Fri, 21 May 2004 19:02:46 GMT, lid
(Rodger Whitlock) wrote:

As for lily beetles, I think it was Brian Mathew who recommended
hiring the young sprats in the neighborhood and paying them a
small sum per beetle captured, subject to a deduction for
trampling or otherwise damaging the lilies.

I sat out with a beer watching my lilies one evening in early April:
Got twelve of the buggers.

I have also found them on fritarillary meleagris, and on the chives
that were right next to the Lilies.

Glenys

--
When our schools started teaching the leftist concept of 'provable causal relationships',
Communism gained the upper hand in Vietnam. I think there is a lesson to be learned from that.