Old 22-05-2004, 12:04 AM
someone

Default Tomato plants...HELP !!!

D. Reid wrote in message
I'm an amatuer gardner. I bought three tomato sets and put them in a few
weeks ago. All palnts took off and grew well...looking good and even

setting
blooms. at about 2' high they ALL just wilted to nothing...and shriveled

up.
It looked just like they needed water but the soil was kept moist and

water
was NOT the problem.
Any ideas?
I pulled them up and rinsed the dirt from the root ball and looked for

signs
of trouble. I could find nothing.
What did I do wrong?
Thanks for your time and input.
Blessings,
Dave in Florida

Dunno about the cause of your problem, but: one thing you could do, if you
discover it's all going wrong underground. Cut the plant off about 1/2"
above ground and stick it in a vase of water. Tomatoes (like, e.g.
tradescantias) will put out a lot of roots into the water, so if you want to
save your plant (if it's a heritage tomato or something) this is the way to
do it.

Get those roots going and then re-pot and try again.

s.