Old 22-05-2004, 01:02 AM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

Default Artemisia Limelight He!! Story

those pics of varieg a vulg. are rather vomitaceous anyways.

Janice in
:

On Thu, 13 May 2004 16:44:51 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
opined:

Chuckle - I bought one - it is variegated for me, but it does run
like mad. I managed to dig MOST of it up, tossed most of that and
replanted the rest in containers.
Cheryl
(in NH)

Sounds like the Silver King artemisia.. runs wild too. Kinda ugly
too. Nice as a background for blue plants. Can't recall if wormwood
is an artemisia but it'll get out of hand too, but nowhere near like
the silver king and its "relatives" ;-)

herbaceous artemesias tend to to dry out or die out soon here.

i think straight A vulgaris did ok (about 6 years?). looked ok with the
dark stems. especially toward evening. about 4.5 ft tall.

http://ispb.univ-lyon1.fr/cours/bota.../dico%20A%20a%
20C/Artemisia%20vulgaris.jpg

this has nice varieg (not well shown in these pics), but isn't tough at
all
http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=navclient&q=%
22Chrysanthemum+pacificum%22