Old 22-05-2004, 01:06 AM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

Default looking for advice re mugho pine variety

"philosopher" in
:

Hi All--

I saw the most beautiful mugho pine today & wondered whether anyone
either knew the variety or could refer me to an expert who could help.
It was a large, low-set (3'), spreading variety, with almost a
rambling habit. The most striking feature was its jet black
branches--

sounds very distintive. thre are zillions of dwarfed conifers. maybe you
could ask the owner for info? (and report back here? )

they contrasted beautifully with the needles. I may be
mistaken, but there were also beautiful red cones.

Please reply to the group; my email addy is non-functioning.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

philosopher