Old 22-05-2004, 04:04 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default upgrading to 4wpg, how often for trace nutrient fertilzation?

I'm upgrading from 2.7wpg to 4wpg in the next few days. I want my ludwigias
and rotalas redder and ambulia more bushy...plus I plan on getting some nice
micro sword.

Here are the issues (prefferably if Tom Barr can respond to these ):

(15 gallon wide aquarium / 25-30ppm CO2 ) I'm dosing about .6ml of trace
elements (TMG) every morning. I stopped dosing nitrate since levels are a
little high for now (fish getting bigger etc.). Once a week after water
changes I dose 2.5ml of K2SO4 for potassium.

Should I increase the amount of trace elements for the daily doses when I go
to 4wpg? Also should I be dosing K2SO4 twice a week in half portions instead
of one full portion after a 50% water change?

Thanx for your help!!

Dave Picklyk.