Old 22-05-2004, 05:09 AM
Tom L. La Bron

Default ponds u say

Jan,

Sorry, what you are saying is misinformation because
the water in the ponds at nuclear sites have no contact
with nuclear material at all.

A side note that might be of interest is that at the
Nuclear site in Russia where they had the disaster they
have found that Sunflowers grow well in the nuclear
soil and seem to have a great affinity for pulling the
nuclear contaminants out of the soil fast and in larger
quantities than any plant they have found.

Tom L.L.
~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:
Nuclear Plants only have so many years of life, cooling ponds will need
conversion someday. I just bet there's an algae out there that eats
radiation. ;o) ~ jan

On Wed, 05 May 2004 11:14:07 -0700, Sean Dinh wrote:

No no, we are best at cultivating algae and duckweed.

Snooze wrote:

I thought this newsgroup was about managing cooling ponds for nuclear
reactors.