Old 22-05-2004, 11:04 AM
Remydog

Default Filter Material

In what dept. would this Cobra Vent be found?

"chagoi" wrote in message
HTH wrote:
I am looking for a coarse material to use as the first stage in
my pond filters.
I have found a aspen fiber mat used in evaporative coolers from
dial mfg. Product Num 3003. Sold at Lowes.

The URL to the tech hazard data sheet is at.

http://www.dialmfg.com/Technical%20A...MSDS/Aspen.htm

If I read it right it is just a fiber mat in a nylon net cover.
There is some glue (looks like a hot melt) that closes the net
cover on the ends. It could be cut off.

The pad is 24 by 30 inches and costs about $3.

Will it work. Any suggested alternatives.

HTH

Check out your local Home Depot for a product called "Cobra vent".
It comes in 11.8"(299mm) wide X 20'(6.1m)long X .75"(19mm)thick roll.
It is a non woven matrix of polyester fibers bonded together.
I have used it in all of my filters and pumps, for a year now, with no
side effects. It is really stiff and easily washes out.

Smoe info on the product:
http://irc.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/ccmc/registry/10/12961_e.pdf

http://www.accurateroofing.com/cobra.htm

Chagoi

-- If the world was a logical place
men would ride side saddle.

-- If you don't disagree with me, how will I know I'm right?