Old 22-05-2004, 02:03 PM
ray hucek

Default dying fish-need help please

Ingrid,
Thanks for the advice. I will get on the water change tonight. I didn't
realize how toxic they were. This year has seen the most toad mating in
that pond. It is just upsetting that I didn't realize the damage sooner.

I added in more aeration earlier this evening. I will look to beef it up.

With appreciation,
Ray
wrote in message
your water has gone toxic, most likely from the spawning of toads. DO NOT

TREAT WITH
MEDICINES. this will just make it more toxic.
water changes!!!!!! get those toads and toadpoles and eggs out of there.
If you have to drain the pond, move the fish to a kiddie pool and clean

all those
toadpoles outta there.
if you dont have hellatious aeration in this pond get an air blower from

aquatic
ecosystems and 4 of their foot long sintered glass air stones to put

oxygen into this
pond. between the ammonia and the temp of the water the fish are

smothering.
Ingrid