Old 22-05-2004, 02:06 PM
Douglas

Default about me rose plant

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
.. .

"dummy_gardener" wrote in
message s.com...
Hi Guys,

I was living in flats before so I did not get a chance to do any
gardening. Now I have got a small garden, but I dunno anything about
the gardening at all. Basically the garden already has got some rose
plants and few other plants which i have not got a clue what they are -
they may be even some weeds (pardon me I am not good at English
either)

About the Rose plants -

I have got two tall grown rose plants one of the two plants got
flowers and florishing, the other one has got lots of buds than the
other, but these buds are falling down and some kind of granules
falling down from the rose tree and it looks like sicky. I really do
not know how to explain the desease.

please some one help me what I suppose to do for that tree,
I really want that tree go back to normal

Roses get every disease and pest under the sun. Chuck 'em away and grow
something else instead.
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address

*******************************
What should you do?.......
It all depends. 1. How old is it, 2. how does it look. 3. etc. are you
willing to give up smoking, beer, women, 4.Do you mind inroads into your
pocket-money.
To be serious, You buy your plants from the plant dealers in late autumn.
However, if time has passed you buy and it is very early spring, you will
find that that roses are still on the shelves in the garden centres. They
will have a few pruned potted well-established *in pot* roses left over from
the previous year, which are a bit pricey. (You should have bought these
last back-end.) They are very reliable and will flower well the first year
you have them.
If you are not in a position to stop the wife's gin money for a couple of
days, (in my case that is usually sufficient time to cover all
eventualities),
In earl Spring you will usually find pruned roses in pots at half the price.
This is because these are last year's unsold clear-outs from the fields in
winter which have been stuffed into pots of peat for sale.
Not much wrong with them, it's just that they are delayed and haven't yet
developed a proper new feeding-root system yet..
You look around to check on privacy and with fingers palmed over the pot
topsoil, upend it and gently knock the pot edge downwards on the staging.
Gently lower the upside-down plant onto your other hand and carefully hold
it to preserve its shape and not lose the soil, examine the sides to see if
the new thin roots have started to go down the pot sides.
Be careful not to lose the label, - that's not gentlemanly.
Put those showing thin white roots into the carrying basket for purchasing
and put the non-rooted rejects carefully back on the shelf properly
assembled with labels intact and the plant and soil right and proper.
Doug.