Old 22-05-2004, 06:05 PM
Tom L. La Bron

Default ponds u say

Here again Ingrid,

This is where you are making a general assumption of
water used in a nuclear facility. The don't turn on
the local faucet to fill the pipes, plus it is a sealed
pressurized system. The water used in Nuclear reactors
has nothing in it but water. The water is super clean
in nuclear facilities just to prevent the possibility
of something like that happening.

I know this from personal experience because I used to
work in the Nuclear Field.

Tom L.L.

only if the radioactive material is a nutrient normally taken up by the algae,
unfortunately. Then there is a the problem of disposing of the radioactive algae.
what many people dont understand is that anything can become radioactive (well except
helium IIRC) that is in contact with penetrating radiation. Ingrid

jan JJsPond.us wrote:

Nuclear Plants only have so many years of life, cooling ponds will need
conversion someday. I just bet there's an algae out there that eats
radiation. ;o) ~ jan

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com